|From:||Hylton Road, Worcester (SO838556)|
|To:||Bromwich Road, Worcester (SO839528)|
|Distance:||1.8 miles (2.9 km)|
|Meets:||A443, A44, B4485, A449|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4206 is an urban B-road to the west of Worcester city centre.
It starts on the A443 Hylton Road in the Henwick area of town and heads south along Henwick Road before crossing the Worcester to Hereford railway line before reaching a T-junction on the A44. In 1922 the B4206 ended here. However, in the late 1920s the A48 (renumbered A449 in 1935), which originally left Worcester along Malvern Road, was rerouted along Bromwich Road; the B4206 took over the bit left behind.
The extended B4206 multiplexes west along the A44 and B4485 (explained by the fact this was the original route of the A4103) before regaining its number and heading south along Malvern Road. It ends on the A449 Bromwich Road, which continues Malvern Road to its obvious destination.