|Distance:||12.9 miles (20.8 km)|
|Meets:||A438, A449, A417, A449, B4215, B4221, A40|
|Former Number(s):||A449, B4215|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4216 is a road of two halves, mostly in Gloucestershire. It starts at traffic lights in the Herefordshire town of Ledbury, where it meets the A438 and A449. It heads westwards along the narrow (and one-way eastbound) New Street. As the road widens it becomes two-way and eventually a roundabout is reached on the Ledbury bypass. The B4216 meets the A417 and A449 here; the latter originally followed New Street out of town but was redirected because of its width – this is the original northern end of the B4216.
Now heading south, the B4216 soon enters Gloucestershire where it crosses the River Leadon and enters the village of Dymock, the first place of any size en route. It reaches a T-junction on the B4215 on the eastern edge of the village. Originally the B4216 ended here but it was extended south in 1935. This does, however, mean that there is now a multiplex south along the B4215 for over three miles to Newent.
On the northern edge of Newent there is a set of traffic lights. The B4215 TOTSOs left here whereas the B4216 goes straight ahead. This is actually the original route of the B4215 (the left turn is a bypass) and the B4216 only reappeared at the TOTSO on Broad Street.
Leaving Newent, the B4216 skirts Newent Woods before getting to Taynton, where there is a sharp right bend on the village green. Just over a mile later the road reaches Huntley, where it ends at a T-junction on the A40.