B4226 (Cinderford - Elton)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||3.8 miles (6.1 km)|
|Now part of:||A4151|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B4226 went east of the Gloucestershire town of Cinderford.
It started on the B4227 in the market square in the centre of town. It headed southeast along the southern section of the High Street and left town along Belle Vue Road. It then started zigzagging, although remaining in an overall easterly direction, passing through Littledean, before straightening out and ending on the A437 (now A48) in the hamlet of Elton.
In 1935 the entire road was renumbered as part of the A4151, freeing up the number for use nearby.