|Length:||6.3 miles (10.1 km)|
|Meets:||A438, A480, A4112|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4230 is a largely rural B-road in west Herefordshire. The road was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts on the A438 to the east of the hamlet of Portway and follows a surprisingly narrow road vaguely northwards. At first it appears as though the road is going to climb the wooded hill ahead but we bear left at almost the last minute and then cross relatively flat land towards the next hill. Presently there's a zigzag over a bridge across an old railway line that has now been assimilated into the surrounding fields to either side then we go through Moorhampton, quickly meeting the A480 at a T-junction.
There's a multiplex to the left for about half a mile then the B4230 turns right to regain its number. It continues north, now S2 for the first time. We pass below that second wooded hill mentioned in the last paragraph; this does involve a bit of climb. After descending again we continue across the fields to reach Weobley. On the nearside of the village there's a sharp left-hand bend, then we run along Back Lane, with the village centre off to the right. We leave the village slowly, then pass an industrial estate before the end of the road at a T-junction on the A4112.