|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||4.4 miles (7.1 km)|
|Met:||A4043, B4248, A465|
|Now part of:||B4246|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4247 was a largely rural B-road in western Monmouthshire.
It started in the centre of Blaenavon as the northern continuation of the A4043. It went along Broad Street and King Street and then met the end of the B4248. Continuing north it climbed up into the hills and skirted the Blorenge.
The descent was steeper and far more bendy than the ascent. Eventually the road crossed the Monmouthshire & Brecon Canal before ending on the A465 to the east of Govilion.
In 1935 the road was renumbered as part of a northern extension of the B4246, which it remains.