|Distance:||4.6 miles (7.4 km)|
|Met (1932):||A4055, A48, A4119|
|Now part of:||B4267|
|Route outline (key)|
The second version of the B4258 in western Cardiff had come into being by 1932.
Originally the A4055 from Cardiff to Barry had a gap along a toll road between Grangetown and Llandough. When the B4258 was inaugurated it started end-on on this road in Llandough and headed north along a previously unclassified road via Leckwith. After crossing the A48 Cowbridge Road in Canton the road ended on the A4119 on the edge of Llandaff.
In 1935 the A4055 was rerouted along the majority of this road, leaving only the section from Canton to Llandaff. Owing to the short length of what remained the subsequent history is not fully known. However, by 1991 the A4055 had been rerouted and the whole of the original B4258, from Llandough to Llandaff, had become part of the B4267, which it remains.