B4269 (Bridgend - Llantwit Major)
|To:||Llantwit Major (SS966692)|
|Via:||St Brides Major, Wick|
|Distance:||9.2 miles (14.8 km)|
|Met (1932):||A48, B4524, B4524, B4267, B4265|
|Now part of:||B4265|
|Route outline (key)|
The original route of the B4269 was in the Vale of Glamorgan.
The road started on the A48 (present A473) in Bridgend and headed south along Ewenny Road. After passing through Ewenny itself it followed a dry valley to St Brides Major and then turned southeasterly to go via Wick into Llantwit Major. It entered town along Wick Road before turning left into Castle Street to end at its junction with the High Street. This was a triple point where it met the B4267 heading north and the B4265 heading east.
In 1935 the entire road was renumbered as a western extension of the B4265, thus removing the triple point. Llantwit Major is now bypassed so the easternmost section of the ex-B4269 is unclassified; however, the road still starts in the same place in Bridgend.