|Location Map ( geo)|
|To:||Castle Street (ST082890)|
|Via:||Fothergill Street, Park Street|
|Distance:||0.2 miles (0.3 km)|
|Met (1961):||A4058, A473|
|Now part of:||B4595|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4272 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as a Link at Glyntaff, although as the road was on the right bank of the River Taff it was actually in Treforest.
The road started on the A4058 Broadway in Treforest and headed south for about 325 m along Fothergill Street and then the northern half of Park Street to meet the A473 as it came in from the left along Castle Street from the (now pedestrianized) Castle Bridge crossing of the River Taff. This route is today one-way northbound, with much of Fothergill Street being part of a gyratory.
Later maps seem to show the B4272 as a spur of either or both of the A-roads it met. However, with the removal of the A473 from the area in 2010 following the completion of a bypass further south, that road's former route – together with the whole of the ex-B4272 – was renumbered B4595.