|From:||Bronwydd Arms (SN416235)|
|Distance:||3.5 miles (5.6 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4301 is a short B-road in central Carmarthenshire. The road was originally part of the A485 mainline but had gained its number by 1932 when the A-road was given its present route to the east.
The road turns off the A484 at a sharply angled junction on the southern edge of Bronwydd. We descend through the village before zigzagging over a level crossing on the preserved Gwili Steam Railway. Bronwydd Arms station is adjacent and we run past this and shortly cross the Afon Gwili and then leave the village.
We follow the valley of a tributary upstream into wooded hills before emerging into the open fields. We then continue across a saddle before descending back into the Gwili valley; the river made a long detour to the west. We reach Pontarsais and end at a T-junction on the A485, with the Gwili to the left.