B4330 (Fishguard - St Davids)
|To:||St David's (SM752253)|
|Length:||14.9 miles (24 km)|
|Met (1923):||A40, B4331, B4328|
|Now part of:||A487, B4331|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4330 was the original number into St David's from the northeast.
It started on the A40 at Scleddau, a few miles south of Fishguard and headed west, meeting the B4331 before getting to Mathry and then continuing via Croes-Goch to end in the centre of St David's. The B4328, which entered the city from the southeast, had its terminus in the same place.
By 1932 the eastern end of the B4330 had been moved further south to Letterston. From here the road headed west via Castle Morris to rejoin its original route at Mathry. The original section of B4330 east of Mathry was declassified except for the westernmost half-mile or so which became an extension of the B4331.
The road was abolished in 1935, freeing up the number for use nearby. The Mathry to St David's section of the road is now part of the A487 whilst the 1930s rerouting east of Mathry is now B4331. The bit declassified at the same time remains unclassified.