|Distance:||2.8 miles (4.5 km)|
|Now part of:||A470|
|Route outline (key)|
The Brecknockshire incarnation of the B4344 was a short road cutting the corner between the A438 and A479, thus shortening slightly the journey between Builth Wells and Brecon. It was unclassified in 1922 but deemed worthy of classification by the mid-1920s. It was given A-road status in 1935 as the A4073 but has now been swallowed up as part of the A470.