|Length:||8.2 miles (13.2 km)|
|Meets:||A487, B4572, A487|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4353 is a westward loop off the A487 to serve the coastal town of Borth. The road was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road turns off the A487 in Rhydypennau and heads northwards into Llandre, where it zigzags over the railway line to Aberystwyth. We go under a narrow bridge under the line shortly afterwards then run alongside to Glanwern where another railway overbridge takes us into Borth. We make a beeline across the flat coastal plain to a mini-roundabout by the unusual modern post office. Left is the B4572 but we bear right.
The road now runs north along the sea front. There are building on both sides briefly as we follow the High Street but usually only the beach is to the left. After leaving town the road runs through the middle of a golf course (the coast now becomes invisible) before reaching the village of Ynyslas. Here we bear right to avoid meeting the River Dovey.
After crossing the dead-straight Afon Leri we go over the railway line a final time at a level crossing and then continue over the obviously reclaimed coastal marshes. The road starts to wind as we climb above sea level. After passing the caravan park in Llancynfelin the road bears sharply left and follows a winding course towards the hills visible ahead. We end without having to climb, at a T-junction back on the A487.