|From:||The Dunge (SJ679013)|
|To:||Marsh Gates (SO645997)|
|Distance:||3.1 miles (5 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4375 loops through the village of Broseley, on the southern edge of the Telford urban area. Due to its shape, heading into and out of Broseley, it is extremely unlikely that much traffic uses it in its entirety, preferring instead the shorter and less built up route via the B4373 and B4376.
The road is, however, the signposted route between Much Wenlock and Ironbridge (the TOTSO at the Marsh Gates end emphasises this). However, traffic following the signs needs to turn left into the unclassified Bridge Road, descending to the River Severn at the southern end of the Iron Bridge. One advantage of this route is that it avoids the 180-degree hairpin on the B4373 Ironbridge Road.
In the original allocation of road numbers, the B4375 number was allocated to Link at Broseley, which referred to Church Street between the then-B4377 at The Dunge, and the then-B4373, which ran into Broseley, terminating at the junction of Speed's Lane and Barratt's Hill. The B4373 spur between The Dunge and Broseley is a remnant of this original layout.
In 1935, the B4373 was extended northwards to Lawley over the former B4377 and B4381 routes, and so the B4375 was extended into Broseley High Street, and then through the village centre and over the formerly unclassified route through Benthall and Posenhall before terminating on the B4376 towards Much Wenlock.