|Length:||10.3 miles (16.6 km)|
|Met:||B4399, B4391, A491|
|Now part of:||A495, B4389|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4394 was a medium-length rural B-road in Montgomeryshire.
Starting on the B4399 in Llansantffraid-ym-Mechain the road headed southwestwards over the River Cain and then along the valley of the River Vyrnwy. The road was a lot straighter than the river, meaning that the B4394 did move up and down the side of the valley from time to time.
After a couple of miles the B4391 came in from the right and multiplexed along the B4394 for a short distance before leaving to the left. Our road then went through Glascwm and Meifod before crossing the Vyrnwy at Newbridge. Although it followed the River Banwy, a tributary, for a short distance further the road soon climbed out of the valley. It followed an undulating route across the hills before returning into the same valley at Glascoed, where it ended on the A491.
The B4394 was renumbered in 1935 and became part of a southern extension of the A495. By the 1940s the southern end of the new A495 was rerouted along a formerly unclassified road to reach Llanfair Caereinion from the west, so the remainder of the ex-B4394 was numbered as an extension of the B4389.