B4428 (Berkeley - Sharpness)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||2.8 miles (4.5 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B4428 was allocated on 1st April, 1924, to a road in the Vale of Berkeley.
The road started on the then-B4068 in the centre of Berkeley and headed north past the station before entering Wanswell. It headed westwards into Newtown before regaining its northerly direction as it passed to the east of Sharpness Docks. The road ended by Sharpness station, which was on the line over the now-demolished Severn railway bridge.
The 1935 Road numbering revision documentation recommended the route should be extended up to the A4135. However, this didn't happen; an alternative suggestion of extending the B4066 westwards to Sharpness took place instead. In the intervening years the entire ex-B4428 has been bypassed.