|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||North Western Avenue (TQ095996)|
|To:||St Albans Road (TQ108977)|
|Via:||Gammons Lane, Leavesden Road|
|Distance:||1.6 miles (2.6 km)|
|Met (1956):||A41, A412|
|Route outline (key)|
The B4539 was a short link road in north Watford. The road was originally unclassified but appears to have gained its number in the mid-1930s.
Starting on the A41 North Western Avenue the road headed south along Courtlands Drive before bearing left into Chilcott Road. After running along Gammons Lane and Leavesden Road the B4539 ended on the A412 St Albans Road just north of the bridge over the West Coast Main Line.
The route no longer connects with the A41 at its northern end as the former junction has been replaced by an overbridge. Meanwhile the southern end of the road is one-way northbound.