Evanstown: looking down the B4564 towards Gilfach Goch
The B4564 is a P-shaped road serving the higher part of Cwm Ogwr Fach on the border between Bridgend and Rhondda Cynon Taf county boroughs. The road was originally unclassified but gained its number in 1935.
Starting from a junction with the main A4093 opposite Hendreforgan Primary School, the road heads north past Gilfach Garden Village into Gilfach Goch. It now keeps to the western side of the cwm through Evanstown as far as the site of the Britannic Merthyr Colliery (closed 1960), from where it doubles back to return down the eastern side of the valley to a T-junction with itself in the centre of Gilfach Goch.