The B461 is a short link road in northwest London, joining Edgware Road to Canons Park tube station.
The road starts at traffic lights on the A5 Edgware Road High Street. To the east is the A5100 and the B461 heads west along Whitchurch Lane, a name it keeps for its entire length. It starts off lined with shops but the road soon bears right and becomes residential. We soon pass St Lawrence's Church and then skirt the southern edge of Canons Park for a short distance before going under the Jubilee Line by Canons Park station. We gain shops and a service road on the right for a short distance and then cross Stanmore Marsh to end at traffic lights on the A4140.
The B461 in 1927
The B461 does not appear on the original 1923 MOT Maps, nor in the 1922 Road Lists, where its route description is listed as (Unappropriated). This may possibly have been because its route around the Canons Park estate was privately owned at the time, and therefore not requiring a maintenance budget from the MOT. However, by 1926, the number had been allocated to a road running around the south and west of the estate between the A5 and the original line of the A41.
Today the west part of the road has been upgraded to become part of the A4140.