This article is about the former B472 from Beaconsfield to Amersham.
For the current B472 from Eastcote to Northwood Hills, see B472
.For the original B472 from Slough to Chalfont St Peter, see B472 (Slough - Chalfont St Peter)
(former B472) towards Beaconsfield
The B472 is one of the first recycled numbers, appearing after the 1920s South Buckinghamshire Renumbering and forming the leftover part of the old B473, when that road number was diverted to end at Hazlemere.
Starting on the A40 at Beaconsfield the road headed north over the railway line and then continued across the fields, passing nowhere of importance en route. Presently the road reached Amersham, where it ended on the A413 on the eastern edge of the Old Town.
This version of the B472 was short lived as it was renumbered back to the B473 in 1935. It is now part of the A355 and has been since the 1970s.