The original B5055 was a medium-length B-road in central Derbyshire.
It started on the A515 at Newhaven, at a junction that has been considerably remodelled since, so that the original line of the B5055 is inaccessible. It crossed the B5056 immediately to the east before continuing east through Pikehall to Grangemill, where it crossed the A524.
After Grangemill the road descended into the Via Gellia valley and ran along the valley bottom into Cromford. It ended at a T-junction on the B5036 in the Market Place.
In 1935, the road was renumbered A5012, which it remains.