|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Caernarfon Road (SH576716)|
|To:||Holyhead Road (SH575716)|
|Distance:||0.1 miles (0.2 km)|
|Old route now:||A5|
|Route outline (key)|
The B5107 is a very short but important link road in Bangor, adjacent to the city's railway station. It follows Ffordd yr Orsaf / Station Road, part of the original London - Holyhead turnpike.
The road, part of a one-way gyratory near the station, carries all northbound traffic from the A4087 into the centre of Bangor, while the A4087 itself carries southbound traffic. The route number is not signed on the ground.
The B5107 originally ran on a different alignment in Bangor. From the A5 by the station, it ran northeast to the Cathedral where it met the A5 again. By 1934, the loop had been extended to Beach Road to meet the A5 again at the northern end of the High Street; this was subsequently upgraded to become the A5 main line. The B5107 was subsequently moved to its current alignment after a few years of non-existence.