|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||St Peter's Way (SK539613)|
|To:||Sherwood Hall Road (SK553615)|
|Distance:||0.9 miles (1.5 km)|
|Meets:||A60, A6009, B6030|
|Route outline (key)|
Starting at the junction with the A6009 Inner Ring Road, the B6033 heads downhill, passing under the Robin Hood railway line. At this point, the road is called Bath Lane. On the left can be seen Carr Bank Park, formerly the gardens of Portland Hall (now a hotel). After the park, there is a small mini-roundabout leading to a school, followed by a right turn for the Ravensdale estate.
The B6033 then heads back uphill, now called Ravensdale Road. After a short distance, the road crosses two connected mini-roundabouts. This is where the main shopping area for Ravensdale is. Continuing uphill, the B6033 finally terminates at a T-junction with the B6030, and onwards to Forest Town, Clipstone and Edwinstowe.
The B6033 was originally unclassified but by 1930 it had become part of the A615, a road which originally started in Alfreton, and in Nottinghamshire is now replaced by the A38. The A615 ended at the same place as the B6033, on the B6030, which at the time was the A611.
The road gained its present number in the early 1970s.