B6033 (Mansfield Woodhouse - Darlton)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Mansfield Woodhouse (SK548639)|
|Distance:||16.5 miles (26.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A60, B6035, B6034, A614, A616, A1, A57|
|Now part of:||A6075|
|Route outline (key)|
The road formed a route linking the A60 in Mansfield Woodhouse with the A57 at Darlton, passing through Ollerton on the way. There was a brief multiplex along the A614 over the River Maun in Ollerton then a briefer multiplex along the A1 in Tuxford.
By the 1930s the route had been cut in half, as the section from Ollerton to the A57 was renumbered A611, due to the extension of this road from Mansfield. In the 1970s a host of renumbering occurred in the Mansfield area, in part due to the pedestrianisation of the town centre and the partial construction of the Inner Ring Road. In an effort to reduce the amount of traffic through the town centre and also the villages of Forest Town and Clipstone, the A611 to Ollerton was reclassified as the B6030. The B6033 was deemed the primary route to Ollerton instead and so the whole original route was renumbered accordingly as the A6075. This reunited the route of the ex-B6033 under one number after more than 40 years as two separate roads and also completed the transformation from B road to A road!
The B6033 number is still in use today as a small stretch of road in Mansfield.