|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Loughborough Road (SK556167)|
|To:||Flesh Hovel Lane (SK564173)|
|Distance:||0.6 miles (1 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6046 was a short link road in the Leicestershire village of Quorndon. It was originally unclassified but gained its number around 1930. In more recent years construction of the A6 bypass has declassified all roads in the village and the B6046 is no exception.
The road started on the A6 Loughborough Road and headed northeast along the straight, residential Barrow Road. It soon reached open country but continued in more-or-less the same direction before meeting a farm track coming in from the left. Here the road bore sharply right and ended soon afterwards on the B675.
Construction of the A6 bypass altered the eastern end of the road. Although the ex-B6046 still exists on more-or-less the same line the road has been closed to through traffic. The ex-B675 was severed by the new road and now only exists as a footpath.
An image has been requested for this article.