|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Market Harborough (SP732872)|
|To:||Melton Mowbray (SK747189)|
|Distance:||22.5 miles (36.2 km)|
|Meets:||A4304, A6, A47, A607|
|Route outline (key)|
The road begins in the centre of Market Harborough at the junction of Leicester Road and the A4304 one way system. It runs North up Leicester Road and round a roundabout to leaves town. After crossing the Grand Union Canal twice, the B6047 crosses the A6 at a roundabout, then continues North through Church Langton and Tur Langton before it meets the A47 near Billesdon, crossing it at a staggered crossroads.
It continues north through several villages, including the village of Twyford where it met the now-defunct B674. After zigzagging through Great Dalby the road enters Melton Mowbray along Dalby Road, at the top of where the B6047 terminates on the A607.
The southern part of the B6047 (From Market Harborough to the modern A6) used to be part of the A6 as it ran through the centre of Market Harborough. After Market Harborough was bypassed in 1991, however, the section of road in question was downgraded to the B6047.
The rest of the route was originally unclassified, with the B6047 number being used elsewhere, but the road gained its number around 1930.