|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Scotswood Road (NZ197638)|
|To:||West Road (NZ201653)|
|Distance:||1.2 miles (1.9 km)|
|Met (1923):||A6085, A69|
|Now part of:||A191|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6325 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Newcastle-upon-Tyne (Denton Road).
The road started on the A6085 Scotswood Road and headed north along Denton Road through what was then open country to end on the A69 (now A186) West Road. Originally it met no other classified roads until its northern end. Later, however, with the expansion of Newcastle to the west the B6328 (now B1311) was extended to meet the B6325.
Roads in this area have been renumbered on several occasions and so it is not surprising that the B6325 number is now redundant and has been reused elsewhere. The road was renumbered as part of the A191 when that road was extended west, and then was renumbered as part of the A69 mainline when that road was moved onto the Gateshead Western Bypass in the 1970s but the ex-B6325 has been part of the A191 again since 1990.