|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Forth Street (NZ244636)|
|To:||Swing Bridge (NZ250638)|
|Distance:||0.5 miles (0.8 km)|
|Met (1922):||B6333, B6330, A184|
|Now part of:||B1600|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6334 was a short link road along the River Tyne in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre, running from within sight of one of the Tyne railway bridges to just past the other.
The road started on the B6333 Forth Street and ran down Forth Banks to meet the B6330, which came in from the west along the river bank on Skinnerburn Road. Our road then followed the river downstream along the Close and ran under the High Level Bridge (the original route of the A1) to end on the A184 at the northern end of the Swing Bridge.
The B1304 then continued along the Quayside before ending on the A186 City Road. When the Tyne Bridge was opened in 1928 that road would have been put out of zone so it is possible, although not confirmed) that the B6334 was extended east. Either way, our road is now part of the B1600.