|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Scotland Road (SD856388)|
|To:||Leeds Road (SD865384)|
|Distance:||0.7 miles (1.1 km)|
|Now part of:||A6068|
|Route outline (key)|
The B6446 was a short link road in the Lancashire town of Nelson.
Starting on the A682 Scotland Road just to the south of the bridge over the Colne Water the road headed east along Reedyford Road. It soon crossed the Leeds & Liverpool Canal and continued through the suburbs of Nelson. The road soon ended on the A56 Leeds Road to the east of the town centre.
The B6446 did not exist when roads were first classified in 1922; however, housing along the road dates it to the 1930s (except for the easternmost end which is older) and it is likely the road was numbered B6446 from the outset. In more recent years the road was renumbered as an extension of the A6068. It remains this number, although the M65 has severed the western end of the road. A footbridge has been built to retain the right-of-way and the junction with Scotland Road still exists.