Heading east along Station Road
The B6471 is the original route of the A1 west of Haddington in East Lothian. The road gained its number when the town's first bypass was built in the mid-1930s.
The road starts at a roundabout to the west of Haddington where three different routes of the A1 meet. Westbound slip roads from the present A1 meet this roundabout (the eastbound slip roads are a little further west), as does the A199 which follows the original 1922 route of the [[A1] to the west and the 1930s bypass to the east. Our road now heads east along the pre-bypass main road. Although briefly rural the road soon becomes built-up.
We continue east along the residential West Road, which becomes Station Road by the approach to the old railway station (closed in the 1940s, although the platform still remains). The road then bears right to end at traffic lights. Left is the A6137 whilst ahead and right is the A6093. The old A1 continues ahead.