This article is about the original B656 to the south of Letchworth. For the current B656, the former A600 and A505 in Hertfordshire, see B656.
The former B656 heading west from the Great North Road
The original B656 went through the village of Willian, to the south of Letchworth in Hertfordshire.
It started on the A601 (now A505) on the edge of Letchworth and headed south along Letchworth Lane then east into the village Willian. The road then continued past Bray Cottages and along Jack's Lane to end on the A1 (now B197) at Lannock Hill.
The road seems to have been declassified around 1935, when the A6141 (present A505) was constructed along a parallel route. The eastern section of the road was severed with the construction of the A1(M) and has now become a footpath.