B667 (Islip - Stanion)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||8.1 miles (13 km)|
|Now part of:||A6116|
|Route outline (key)|
The 1922 Road Lists refer to the B667 as Islip - Brigstock - Stanion, making it a cross-country road in east Northamptonshire.
The road started on the A604 in Islip. It climbed Chapel Hill to pass through the village centre before following the Harper's Brook to the north. After going through Lowick and bypassing Sudborough the road reached Brigstock, where it ran along the High Street. The next village was Stanion, immediately after which the road ended on the A43 to the south of Corby.
By the end of the 1920s, the road had been upgraded to the A6116, which remains the case today although all the places mentioned above have now been bypassed.
|B667 (Islip - Stanion)|