The B7002 is a short link road in West Lothian. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road starts at traffic lights on the A89 in the middle of Bathgate and heads southwest along Whitburn Road. The buildings of the town centre soon give way to a retail park then we run alongside the Glasgow to Edinburgh via Airdrie line before turning away to go through Whiteside. There's then a left-hand bend and we go over the line to reach a roundabout, where we turn right. The railway line was only opened in 2010 after being closed in the 1980s and so a new bridge had to be built over the line; a short stretch of new B7002 was built alongside the route of the railway and was closed again following the opening of the new bridge and turned into a wide cycle path.
We continue southwestwards along the residential Whitburn Road before bearing right to leave town and run around an industrial estate. After passing a large pond we make a beeline for a roundabout where we meet the A801, A706 and A7066. Although the road ends here it originally continued ahead, from the sixth exit to the roundabout. After running through Pottishaw the road entered East Whitburn along Bathgate Road and ended on the A705. This section of road was severed by the construction of the M8.