The B7044 was a short link road in south Ayrshire. It was originally unclassified but had gained its number by 1932.
The road itself cuts the corner between the A77 and B734. It is mostly single track and too narrow to qualify for a central white line for much of the route. The road starts on the A77 at a simple priority junction. It then follows the valley of the river Stinchar for a few miles inland before ending at another simple priority junction on the B734.
Most of the more recent mapping has indicated that this road has been downgraded and is no longer a B road and South Ayrshire Council list it as the C59. The road's status is still not absolutely clear, but the B7044 is presumed to be defunct.