|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.8 miles (2.9 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B718 is a short link road in Scotland's Central Belt, running between two former routes of the A8.
The road starts on the B7066 (which became the A8 in 1935 and remained so until the construction of the parallel M8) opposite the Church of Scotland church in Harthill, which is visible coming south for some distance. The road heads north along Westcraigs Road to go over the M8 just to the east of Heart of Scotland (formerly Harthill) Services.
Now in open country, the road goes through a wood and bends to the left. It then climbs to a crossroads and enters Blackridge. After going under the North Clyde Line the road ends on the A89 (which was numbered A8 until 1935).