|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||5.2 miles (8.4 km)|
|Met:||A716, A715, A75|
|Now part of:||B7084|
|Route outline (key)|
The original B736 was a fairly short B-road in south Wigtownshire.
Starting on the A716 just north of Sandhead the road followed the flat coastal plain northeastwards, with the Luce Sands and the sea off to the right. Presently the road reached the A715 (present B7077) by Genoch Mains and multiplexed to the east along this road for about a mile. Having regained its number the B736 headed north over a level crossing to end on the original line of the A75 in the centre of Dunragit.
In the mid-1920s, the A715 was rerouted along the southern section of B736, leaving only the northern section (to Dunragit) still in existence. However, this became the A748 in 1935, making the B736 number defunct.