The B774 is a largely urban B-road to the south of Paisley.
It starts on the edge of Paisley town centre at traffic lights on the A761 and heads south along Causeyside Street, soon crossing a bridge over the dismantled railway line west of Paisley Canal station. The road then bears left onto Neilston Road and continues on for some distance. Eventually the road reaches open country and turns sharply to the left.
The road crosses the fields to reach Barrhead. The right side of the road becomes lined with houses although the left side is still open country. This situation continues until the end of the road, where the B771 has to TOTSO.
The B774 in 1923
The B774 is described in the 1922 Road Lists as Paisley (Moss Street). This is the short road shown in the map on the left linking the A740 (now A726) Old Sneddon Street and A737 High Street.
By 1932 the road had been extended south along St Mirren Street into Causeyside Street and thence to Barrhead. This situation lasted until the construction of the A761 southern relief road when all roads within were declassified. This took over the northernmost section of the B774, including the original Moss Street, giving the road its current length.