|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||12.6 miles (20.3 km)|
|Met:||A907, B912, A907|
|Now part of:||A994, B9037, A985, A977|
|Route outline (key)|
The B911 originally ran from Dunfermline to Clackmannan following a route along the River Forth via Kincardine. It met the A907 at both ends; this road took the more direct route it still follows.
By 1932, all of the B911 west of Torryburn had been upgraded to become part of the A985, which continued eastwards on the former B912, leaving just the short section into Dunfermline as the B911. By 1935 the remainder of the route had also been upgraded to an A road and had become the A994, whilst the section of ex-B911 north of Kincardine was renumbered as the A977, which had been greatly extended to cross the new Kincardine Bridge. In more recent years Valleyfield and Torryburn have been bypassed and the section of former B911 through the villages is now the B9037.