|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||1.7 miles (2.7 km)|
|Route outline (key)|
The B915 is a short link road in west Fife.
Beginning at a T-junction with the A823, the B915 immediately passes between the abutments of a now-demolished railway bridge and runs east for a short distance before turning north over Meldrum's Mill Burn and heading north-east past the M90 Commerce Park at Lathalmond to join the B914 at a Y-junction. The B914 performs a TOTSO here; it is likely the junction was originally a T-junction but was realigned at some point for safety reasons.
Interestingly, a notification of road closures issued by Fife Council in 2008 refers to the B915 as 'German Road', a name which does not appear on the OS maps, or any other map for that matter, and apart from Fife Council's reference, no other mention comes up from a web search.
The B915 is an odd bit of road. When first designated, it did nothing more than form one side of a triangle with the B914 and A823 as the other sides. When the Royal Naval Stores Depot was built at Lathalmond in 1943 then the B915 finally gained a sense of purpose. The depot was closed in 1993 and, now known as the M90 Commerce Park, is home to the Scottish Vintage Bus Museum, alongside some light industry.