B944 (Anstruther - Brownhills)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|Distance:||7.8 miles (12.6 km)|
|Met (1923):||A917, B940, A918|
|Now part of:||B9131|
|Route outline (key)|
The B944 was a cross-country B-road in east Fife. It started on the A917 in Anstruther and headed north, cutting off the eastern corner of Fife, before ending on the A918 at Brownhills, to the south of St Andrews.
The road was upgraded to be the A959 before 1932, and remained so through to at least the 1960s. However, it has since been returned to B-road status, probably in the 1980s when Fife reclassified a number of routes, and is now the B9131.