Bank Quay Transporter Bridge
|Bank Quay Transporter Bridge|
|Location Map ( geo)|
|The bridge in 2017|
Built in 1915, it originally carried a railway branch; but was converted for road vehicles in 1940. Originally, it could carry weights of 18T, but in 1953 was modified to carry loads of 30T.
It is the second transporter bridge on the site, the first having been built in 1905. It was closed in around 1964.
By 2020 appeared on English Heritage's Heritage at Risk Register as a result of general decay.