|Location Map ( geo)|
|From:||Eastleigh Rail Station|
|West of Bishopstoke|
Bishopstoke Bridge is a name given to a number of crossings on the B3037.
The largest structure, and the one most locals will associate with the name, carries the road over the railway works. This has been replaced several times, including in the 1870s and the 1980s.
There is then a small industrial area before the road crosses another bridge, this time over the Barton River. This road was built in about 1900, replacing a road immediately to the south, which was called Bayley's Bridge.
The next bridge is over the Itchen Navigation, and was replaced like-for-like at the same time as the road was realigned.
There are then a few buildings before two more crossings of the River Itchen. The latter is a former ford and corn mill, and is the one which was probably historically known as "Bishopstoke Bridge".
Finally, in Bishopstoke itself, is New Bridge. Despite its name it dates back to at least the 1860s, and is still labelled as such on maps today, albeit never very prominently.