|Location Map ( geo)|
At the southern end of Lewiston near Drumnadrochit, Borlum Bridge is a single-span Concrete structure across the River Coiltie dating from 1933. The span is a shallow arch, supporting a concrete deck with stone parapets. Unlike many other concrete bridges in the Highlands, however, the arch is not covered in stone, but left to reveal the concrete structure.
However, much of the A82 through the village north of here was built at the same time, and so we need to head west to find the older bridge. Nearly a kilometre upstream, maps show another bridge across the river, hidden behind houses from 'The Beeches'. The opposite shore has a track along it, followed by the West Highland Way, so better access can probably be made from that side. However, from what could be seen it appears that the bridge has sadly collapsed / been removed in the last few years.