The Bridge of Alford crosses the River Don a little to the north west of Alford. It carries the A944 across on a narrow roadway, but despite this and the sharp bend and junction at the north end, it is not yet signal- controlled. The bridge was originally built in 1811 by Thomas Telford as part of his commission on Highland roads and bridges, and is very similar to Potarch Bridge on the Dee. It consists of three stone arches, the central one slightly wider, and has a shallow hump on the roadway.
Both side arches appear to be predominantly flood arches, with the river normally flowing between the piers. Triangular cutwaters support semi-hexagonal pilasters which rise up the piers to form small refuges, those on the downstream side of the bridge now home to lamp posts. Both the tops of the parapets and the string course gently curve across the bridge.