|Location Map (
|From: || Woolmer Green (TL253185) |
|To: || Sawbridgeworth (TL483162) |
|Distance: || 26.1 km (16.2 miles)|
|Meets: || B197, C48, C163, A602, C31, C16, C183, C36, B1004, C40, A1184 |
|Route outline (key)|
||Woolmer Green - Sawbridgeworth
|This article is about the Class III road numbered C39 maintained by Hertfordshire Council.
For other roads numbered C39, see C39
The C39 is a long class III road in Hertfordshire, made up of several sections.
- B197 at Woolmer Green to C163 at Watton-at-Stone (via Datchworth)
- Watton-at-Stone to Dane End (via Whempstead). This now starts on the A602 with the opening of the Watton-at-Stone bypass, with the section of Mill Lane in Watton-at-Stone having been downgraded to U1316 and Y1316.
- Dane End to the C183 at Standon Green End
- Standon Green End to Dane Bridge, Much Hadham, crossing the B1004 and terminating on it, and passing through fords at Barwick and Much Hadham.
- From the B1004 east of Dane Bridge in a generally south west direction to terminate on the A1184
Note that the right turn within Much Hadham is prohibited during peak hours, making the road even more difficult to drive in one go.