|An Eleco GR150 on the A28 near Margate - once a popular installation on main roads.|
|Years Manufactured:||1905 - 1980|
The Electric Light and Engineering Company (ELECO) was a manufacturer of street lights, based in St Albans. They had existed since the turn of the 20th century, but became particularly popular from the early 1950s onwards. They were once a mainstay of trunk and main roads, particularly the GR series (a 1960s lighting installation on the A8 Glasgow - Edinburgh Road contained Eleco bulbs), but became less popular as newer Philips lights appeared.
- Eleco - Simon Cornwell's Street Lighting guide