Galleries with a large number of pictures split across multiple pages are currently not working correctly - to see all images in the gallery click here.
The Cowes Chain Ferry The ferry is owned and operated by Isle of Wight Council and connects East Cowes & Cowes across the tidal estuary of the River Medina. It was established in 1859 and the current ferry was built in 1975. It is viewed here from the hard at East Cowes.
Bus shelter by Whippingham Road (C) David Smith This is on the southern edge of Whippingham