Chancery House, Paradise Street,... (C) Stephen Richards Virulently red and with a jolly roofline of octagonal towers and stepped gables. By James Strong, 1899. Grade II listed.
Originally the Gordon Smith Institute for Seamen, containing library, reading room and assembly hall, it was converted to offices in 1980-82.
The roundabout is the centre of Liverpool, just of Byrom Street. St John's Beacon/Radio City Tower visible in the background.