Victoria Bridge, Stockton-on-Tees Opened on the 20 June 1887, the new bridge spanning the Tees was so named in commemoration of the 50th anniversary of the reign of Queen Victoria.
The stone road bridge at Yarm Built in 1400 by Bishop Skirlaw of Durham. The far arch is reputed to have been demolished in the Civil War and replaced with a drawbridge for defense purposes. The River Tees has been in spate for weeks which accounts for the vast amounts of driftwood trapped by the pillars.
Tees Bridge, Barnard Castle Above the bridge is Barnard Castle itself, and its round Tower. The Norman castle dates from ca 1150, first built by the Balliols.
E104 at Bowes on Soviet map
This page includes a scan of a non-free copyrighted map, and the copyright for it is most likely held by the company or person that produced the map. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution scans qualifies as fair use under United Kingdom copyright law, where this web page is hosted, as such display does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material, is not being used to generate profit in this context, and presents information that cannot be exhibited otherwise. If the copyright holder considers this is an infringement of their rights, please contact the Site Management Team to discuss further steps
Entering Great Burden on the A1150 (C) JThomas
Urlay Nook - Level Crossing (C) Hugh Mortimer Situated on the Darlington to Stockton line near to Durham Tees Valley Airport; (Teesside Airport) With Elementis Chemicals behind. (One of the few remaining manned signal boxes in the North East)