Chesham Road B485 Chesham Road B485 heading towards Chesham
Chenies Viewed looking westwards across the village green. The village pump is visible to the left of the old style road sign, and the house in the distance has a plaque indicating that it was built in 1857.
This page includes a scan of a non-free copyrighted map, and the copyright for it is most likely held by the company or person that produced the map. It is believed that the use of a limited number of web-resolution scans qualifies as fair use under United Kingdom copyright law, where this web page is hosted, as such display does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material, is not being used to generate profit in this context, and presents information that cannot be exhibited otherwise. If the copyright holder considers this is an infringement of their rights, please contact the Site Management Team to discuss further steps
Church Street, Chesham
Church Street, Chesham, in the rain
Underground bridge over Waterside (C) Philip Jeffrey
Cudsden Farm near Great Missenden (C) Bikeboy
Chenies, Buckinghamshire The traditional village sign is to the left of the image.
Chenies- Latimer Road and Bedford Estate cottages This group of 4 cottages form a Grade II Listed Building, and the English Heritage Listed Buildings website describes the group thus:-
"Group of estate cottages. Built in 1867 by the Bedford Estate. Red brick in Flemish bond with some black headers. Tiled roof with 6 pairs of brick chimneystacks set diagonally. L-shaped plan. The central gable has a plaque with the date 1867 and the letter B."