Halfway House (Enfield)
|Location Map ( geo)|
|The signalised junction at the Halfway House|
|Transport for London|
Halfway House is a signalised crossroads in London, where the A10 crosses Carterhatch Lane.
The name is derived from the pub at the crossroads.
For some years, this was where the dual carriageway section of the Great Cambridge Road ended, with the remaining section to the New River Arms at Turnford (where the road rejoined its old course to head north through Broxbourne) being single carriageway.
|C. London, Enfield Town, Ponders End|
|(M25), Hertford, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross|
- A10 Road (Dual Carriageways) (18 December 1958)